Apply & Audition for the School of Music
For Fall 2014 entrance, in addition to your Common Application to Puget Sound, an entrance audition is required for:
- acceptance to a music major.
- scholarship consideration, regardless of major (approximately half of our scholarships are awarded to students majoring in a subject outside of music).
- Please review the Entrance Audition Requirements page regarding audition repertoire.
- To schedule an audition appointment, or if you are sending a recorded audition, you must submit the online Audition Application, available early November.
- To audition for a music major, submit the Audition Application and a letter from a studio teacher or conductor who can evaluate your musical abilities and your potential. Your instructor may fill out the online evaluation form or mail a letter to School of Music, University of Puget Sound, Music Admission Coordinator, 1500 North Warner, CMB 1076, Tacoma, WA 98416-1076. (If you are auditioning for scholarship consideration only, the teacher recommendation is not required.)
- To help us become familiar with your musical background, it is recommended that you bring a music resume to your audition or submit one by email (PDF or Word document) if auditioning by recording.
Students are encouraged to audition in person for scholarship consideration, either on campus or at regional audition dates in San Francisco, Denver, or Los Angeles.
Video-recorded auditions are also accepted for those who live 200 miles or more from an audition location and are unable to attend on-campus auditions. There are specific requirements, so be sure to View details on submitting a video-recorded audition. We do not accept CD or audio recordings.
We do not accept the arts supplement from the Common Application.
Early Decision Students and Transfer Students
If you are considering applying through Early Decision, or if you are a transfer student, please see "Related Pages," at right.
Please contact our Music Admission Coordinator with any questions about application procedures.
On-Campus Auditions: February 1 and February 7, 2014
Denver Auditions: January 19, 2014
San Francisco: January 25 (evening) and 26, 2014
Southern California: T.B.D.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For entrance audition requirements, including repertoire guidelines, please visit the Entrance Audition Requirements.