Apply & Audition for the School of Music
In addition to your Common Application to Puget Sound, an entrance audition is required for:
- Acceptance to a music major
- Music scholarship consideration, regardless of major or minor
- Please review the Entrance Audition Requirements page regarding audition repertoire.
- To schedule an audition, or if you are sending a recorded audition, you must submit the Music Audition application on the Common Application by December 15. Early Decision applicants need to schedule an audition (by appointment on-campus or by video-recording) prior to December 1 (Early Decision 1) or January 20 (Early Decision 2) to be considered.
- To audition for a music major, submit the Music Audition application on the Common Application and a letter of recommendation from a studio teacher or conductor. Your instructor may fill out the online evaluation form or mail a letter to School of Music, University of Puget Sound, Music Admission Coordinator, 1500 North Warner, CMB 1076, Tacoma, WA 98416-1076. This audition will also consider you for a scholarship.
- To audition for a scholarship only, submit the Music Audition application on the Common Application. A letter from a studio teacher or conductor is not required for scholarship-only applicants.
- To help us become familiar with your musical background, it is recommended that you submit a resume with your music audition application.
Students are encouraged to audition in person for scholarship consideration, either on campus or at our regional audition dates in San Francisco, Denver, or Los Angeles.
Video-recorded auditions are also accepted for those who live 200 miles or more from an audition location and are unable to attend on-campus auditions. There are specific requirements, so be sure to View details on submitting a video-recorded audition. We do not accept CD or audio recordings.
We do not accept the arts supplement from the Common Application. The audition and accompanying materials replace the arts supplement.
Early Decision Students and Transfer Students
If you are considering applying through Early Decision, or if you are a transfer student, please see "Related Pages," at right. Your audition process is a bit different, so be sure to check it out!
Please contact our Music Admission Coordinator with any questions about application procedures.
Audition Dates (tentative, subject to change)
Denver - January 15, 2017
Los Angeles - January 22, 2017
San Francisco - January 28 & 29, 2017
On Campus - (two dates)
- February 3, 2017
- February 11, 2017
Video-Recording - February 1, 2017
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
For entrance audition requirements, including repertoire guidelines, please visit the Entrance Audition Requirements.