Ionic, Compounds, and Metallic
Silver compounds, aqueous solutions, and elemental Silver:
- Please keep dry solids separated from solutions.
- A Silver concentration greater than or equal to 0.5 mg/AL is designated as hazardous waste and must be shipped off campus for disposal.or recycling.
- All anions of silver compounds are accepted with the exception of silver sulfide.
- Ionic and metallic silver will go to a silver recovery facility and smelted.
Silver Metal Wastes
- Collect waste silver in a clean glass or plastic bottle.
- Label as 'Silver Waste'
- Separate from other chemical waste.
- Arrange for pick-up.