Lab Waste Log
A room waste log will help you track your hazardous wastes and help you determine how much and what kinds of wastes your lab generates. At a minimum, your room log sheet should have a line with columns to track the wastes as follows:
Room Log Sheet: This is a continuous log of the waste bottles your lab has generated.
- ID the bottle with a tracking number, usually the date the bottle was declared a waste, e.g. 04-Apr-04
- The date the bottle was started, e.g. 04-Apr-04
- The name of the waste(s): No abbreviations or formulas
- The date the bottle was full, e.g. 21-Apr-04
- Status - where is it now? Stored, collected, being used....
- The volume or weight in Milliliters, or Grams
- Is it P-listed
Forms are available from the storeroom manager or download Room Waste Log.