Occupational Therapy Admission Requirements
Both OTCAS and Puget Sound-specific requirements are listed here. Unless indicated otherwise, all requirements should be submitted via OTCAS.
- Apply online via Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS). Applications, along with all supplemental materials, must be submitted by 8:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on December 1.
- Submit official transcripts from every college attended via OTCAS.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one from an OTR, one from a professor, and one from an employer) - submitted via OTCAS.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - submit official scores directly to Puget Sound via ETS (Puget Sound #4067). Scores should not be more than five years old. The last acceptable GRE test date for this cycle is November 1.
- Supplementary Application Fee Payment Form and $50 application fee - submitted directly to Puget Sound via mail. Checks can be made out to University of Puget Sound and should reference the student's full name, OTCAS ID number, and the OT program (For example: "Jane Smith, 20112112939, OT"). This check should be postmarked by December 1.
- Supplemental Essay - submitted directly to Puget Sound via mail, e-mail, or fax by 8:59 p.m. PST on December 1.
- Exposure to practice of occupational therapy (either volunteer or paid) under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist is required. There is no minimum number of hours, but the applicant must demonstrate knowledge across the spectrum of the profession in writing submitted for the application.
- Prerequisite course descriptions from all non-Washington institutions attended submitted directly to Puget Sound via e-mail by December 1.
- Prerequisite courses must have been completed within the last 10 years. Applicants may petition for an exemption to the 10 year recency requirement if they have kept their knowledge current, for example through work experience. Petitions should be submitted in the form of a letter to the Office of Admissions.
- If you are a re-applicant to our program, please send a letter explaining how your application has been strengthened since you first applied.
Please note that in most years more applications are received for the incoming class than there are spaces available, and that admission to the University of Puget Sound does not guarantee admission to the Occupational Therapy Program. Applicants who have been or will be granted an undergraduate degree from Puget Sound, however, and who are competitive within the applicant pool, are offered admission prior to transfer students.
Have questions? Visit the Occupational Therapy FAQ or contact us at email@example.com.
Apply and submit documents electronically:
Official transcripts can be mailed to:
OTCAS Verification Department
PO Box 9120
Watertown, MA 02471
Puget Sound Admission
For items that must be submitted directly to Puget Sound, please use the following contact information:
Office of Admission
1500 N. Warner St.