When Does registration for spring 2014 begin?
Registration week for the Spring 2014 term will be November 8 - 14. If you are an undergraduate student you must meet with your advisor prior to your registration time to have your Advisor Registration hold released. Graduate students will register first followed by seniors, juniors, sophomores and then freshmen. Additional information about Spring 2014 registration is listed below:
- Registration is closed: November 15 - 24, no courses can be added to your schedule.
- Open Registration: November 25, 2013 - January 16, 2014, courses can be added and dropped and instructor permission is not required unless indicated.
- Registration is closed: January 17 - 20, no courses can be added to your schedule.
- Add Period: January 21 - 28, instructor permission is required to add a course. The last day to add is January 28.
- Drop Without Record Period: January 21 - February 3, the instructor's permission is not required to drop a course.
- Drop With an Automatic W Period: February 4 - March 3, the instructor's permission is required to drop a course.
- Drop With an Automatic WF Period: March 4 - May 7, the instructor's permission is required to drop a course. The last day to drop is May 7.
What are the registration periods for Fall 2013?
- Drop With an Automatic WF Period: October 15 - December 11, 2013.
How do I use the registration system?
You will use the Student Center link in Cascade to access everything related to registration. The following are available to assist you:
- Student Center Handout - PDF guide to using Student Center.
- Student Center Homepage 101 – Online guide to the tabs and functionality in Student Center.
- Enrolling in Classes – Online guide to registering in classes using the shopping cart, where you can put classes prior to or during your registration appointment.
- Searching for Classes – Online guide to using the class and course search features.
- Creating a Planner – Online guide to this helpful feature which allows you to save classes as favorites in preparation for registration or future use. Please note that "Searching by My Requirements" option is not currently active for this feature.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - SoundNet page which requires Puget Sound login.
For assistance, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or email@example.com.
Need to wait-list a class?
During Registration Week and Open Registration, students may be registered on the wait-list for up to two closed courses. (The wait-list is not available during Freshmen Registration nor during the Add Period.) When using the shopping cart to prepare for Registration Week, students may also select the wait-list option for their higher priority classes.
Once wait-listed, be alert for messages sent to wait-listed students. For a student to be registered from the wait-list, there can be no schedule conflict with the wait-listed course and students may not already be registered for another section of the same course.
Want to take a course as pass/fail?
Juniors and seniors may select the pass/fail grading option for one academic elective course per term, up to a total of four courses within the undergraduate degree. Electives are those courses that do not apply to core, major, minor, or similar graduation requirements.
To register “Pass/Fail” for a graded course, you must take the following steps:
- Register for the course as “graded.”
- Read the information about the pass/fail grade policy.
- Go to the Office of the Registrar before the end of the add period to register your preference for pass/fail grading.
Trying to find Core classes?
In Search for Classes, there is a Course Attribute field that allows you to search for Core classes, activity classes, new courses, and study-abroad classes (for Puget Sound programs such as Pac-Rim). To search for all classes satisfying a specific Core category, choose Core in the Course Attribute field and the specific category (e.g., Connections) in the Course Attribute Value field.
Trying to find interdisciplinary program classes?
See the quick guide below for the program in which you are interested. Please refer to the class schedule accessed through your Student Center for current details on each class. Current information for the Spring 2014 will be available soon.
Need to change advisor or change/declare your major or minor?
To change advisor or change/declare a major or minor, you must complete the Change of Major, Minor, and Advisor Form and submit it to the Office of Academic Advising in Howarth 114. See more information on declaring a major/minor or selecting an advisor.
We are here to assist!
See the Student Center Handout and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (requires Puget Sound login).
If you need help using the new system, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transitioning from Cascade
As part of Optimize Puget Sound, the university is implementing software from Oracle PeopleSoft in stages. Initially, this means students, faculty, and staff are seeing new ways to do many of the things once done in Cascade. Eventually, Cascade itself will be replaced by a new portal called myPugetSound.
For past messages and publications related to this project, see the Optimize Communications Archive (requires Puget Sound login).
We appreciate everyone's patience and support as we make this transition!