When Does registration for FALL 2015 begin?
Registration week for the Fall 2015 term will be April 6 - 10. If you are an undergraduate student you must meet with your advisor prior to your registration time to have your Advisor Registration hold released. Graduate students will register first followed by seniors, juniors, sophomores and then freshmen.
Students must resolve any registration holds with the Office of the Registrar, Student Financial Services, Counseling Health and Wellness Services, and Academic Advising. Review the Holds section in your Student Center. If you have a hold, you must select the link to see if the hold prevents registration. If you have been placed on registration hold you must contact the specific department for information on any action you must take.
Additional information about Fall 2015 registration dates is listed below:
- Registration is closed: April 11 - 19 you will not be able to add courses.
- Open Registration: April 20 - August 20, courses can be added our dropped from your schedule. Instructor permission is not required unless otherwise indicated.
- Registration is closed: August 21 - August 30, you will not be able to add courses to your schedule.
- Add Period: August 31 - September 8 , instructor permission is required to add a course. The last day to add a course is September 8.
- Drop Without Record Period: August 31 - September 14, the instructor's permission is not required to drop a course.
- Drop With an Automatic W Period: September 15 - November 6 , the instructor's permission is required to drop a course. Students who withdraw during this period will receive a W grade
- Drop With an Automatic WF Period: November 7 - December 9, the instructor's permission is required to drop a course. Students who withdraw during this time period will receive a WF. Please read the withdrawal policy for additional information. The last day to drop for the term is December 9.
How do I wait-list a class?
During Registration Week and Open Registration, students may be registered on the wait-list for up to two closed courses. (The wait-list is not available during Freshmen Registration nor during the Add Period.) When using the shopping cart to prepare for Registration Week, students may also select the wait-list option for their higher priority classes.
Students can use the Manage My Wait-list function to automatically be dropped from a registered class if space becomes available in the wait-listed class. To set up your preference, choose the "Manage My Wait-list" tab in your Student Center and follow the instructions on the page. Please note that setting a preference for the wait-listed course does not guarantee that you will get a spot in the class. You should use the Manage My Wait-list feature if:
- The wait-listed course will place your schedule in an overload (you may have up to 4.25 academic units plus .50 activity units at no additional tuition cost).
- You are already registered for a different section of the same course.
- There is a time conflict with the course you are registered for and the course you are wait-listing.
Once wait-listed, be alert for messages sent to wait-listed students. For a student to be registered from the wait-list, there can be no schedule conflict with the wait-listed course and students may not already be registered for another section of the same course.
How do i take a class pass/fail?
Juniors and seniors may select the pass/fail grading option for one academic elective course per term, up to a total of four courses within the undergraduate degree. Electives are those courses that do not apply to core, major, minor, or similar graduation requirements.
To register “Pass/Fail” for a graded course, you must take the following steps:
- Register for the course as “graded.”
- Read the information about the pass/fail grade policy.
- Go to the Office of the Registrar before the end of the add period to register your preference for pass/fail grading.
How do I search for courses using the course attribute feature?
In Search for Classes, there is a Course Attribute field that allows you to search for Core classes, activity classes, new courses, courses within Interdisciplinary Programs and study-abroad classes (for Puget Sound programs such as Pac-Rim). To search for all classes satisfying a specific Core category, choose Core in the Course Attribute field and the specific category (e.g., Connections) in the Course Attribute Value field. To search for courses that are included in an Interdisciplinary Program, select Interdisciplinary Program in the Course Attribute field and the specific program (e.g. African American Studies) in the Course Attribute Value field.
Need to change advisor or change/declare your major or minor?
To your change advisor or change/declare a major or minor, you must complete the Change of Major, Minor, and Advisor Form and submit it to the Office of Academic Advising in Howarth 114. See more information on declaring a major/minor or selecting an advisor.