When Does registration for Fall 2014 begin?
Registration week for the Fall 2014 term will be April 7 -11. If you are an undergraduate student you must meet with your advisor prior to your registration time to have your Advisor Registration hold released. Graduate students will register first followed by seniors, juniors, sophomores and then freshmen.
Students must resolve any registration holds with the Office of the Registrar, Student Financial Services, Counseling Health and Wellness Services, and Academic Advising. Review the Holds section in your Student Center. If you have a hold, you must select the link to see if the hold prevents registration. If you have been placed on registration hold you must contact the specific department for information on any action you must take.
The links provided below will help you prepare for registration:
- Enrolling in Classes – Online guide to registering in classes using the shopping cart, where you can put classes prior to or during your registration appointment.
- Learn How to Read Your Advisement Report - Online guide to understanding your Advisement Report. Your Advisement Report has information about how courses count toward your degree
Additional information about Fall 2014 registration dates is listed below:
- Registration is closed: April 12 - 20 you will not be able to add courses.
- Open Registration: April 21 - August 21, courses can be added our dropped from your schedule. Instructor permission is not required unless otherwise indicated.
- Registration is closed: August 22 - September 1, you will not be able to add courses to your schedule.
- Add Period: September 2 - September 9, instructor permission is required to add a course. The last day to add a course is September 9.
- Drop Without Record Period: September 2 - 15, the instructor's permission is not required to drop a course.
- Drop With an Automatic W Period: September 16 - October 13 , the instructor's permission is required to drop a course. Students who withdraw during this period will receive a W grade
- Drop With an Automatic WF Period: October 14 - December 10, the instructor's permission is required to drop a course. Students who withdraw during this time period will receive a WF. Please read the withdrawal policy for additional information. The last day to drop for the term is December 10.
WHEN DOES REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2014 BEGIN?
Registration for the Summer 2014 term begins on Monday, April 14. Continuing students who have not applied to graduate in the Spring 2014 term can begin registering on April 14. There are no assigned registration times. You do not need to meet with your advisor to have the Advisor Registration hold removed, however it is recommended that you speak with your advisor about your plans. The registration deadlines for each session within the summer term can be found at http://www.pugetsound.edu/academics/advising-registrar/register-for-classes/add-drop-deadlines/
How do I wait-list a class?
During Registration Week and Open Registration, students may be registered on the wait-list for up to two closed courses. (The wait-list is not available during Freshmen Registration nor during the Add Period.) When using the shopping cart to prepare for Registration Week, students may also select the wait-list option for their higher priority classes.
Once wait-listed, be alert for messages sent to wait-listed students. For a student to be registered from the wait-list, there can be no schedule conflict with the wait-listed course and students may not already be registered for another section of the same course.
How do i take a class pass/fail?
Juniors and seniors may select the pass/fail grading option for one academic elective course per term, up to a total of four courses within the undergraduate degree. Electives are those courses that do not apply to core, major, minor, or similar graduation requirements.
To register “Pass/Fail” for a graded course, you must take the following steps:
- Register for the course as “graded.”
- Read the information about the pass/fail grade policy.
- Go to the Office of the Registrar before the end of the add period to register your preference for pass/fail grading.
How do I search for courses using the course attribute feature?
In Search for Classes, there is a Course Attribute field that allows you to search for Core classes, activity classes, new courses, courses within Interdisciplinary Programs and study-abroad classes (for Puget Sound programs such as Pac-Rim). To search for all classes satisfying a specific Core category, choose Core in the Course Attribute field and the specific category (e.g., Connections) in the Course Attribute Value field. To search for courses that are included in an Interdisciplinary Program, select Interdisciplinary Program in the Course Attribute field and the specific program (e.g. African American Studies) in the Course Attribute Value field.
Need to change advisor or change/declare your major or minor?
To your change advisor or change/declare a major or minor, you must complete the Change of Major, Minor, and Advisor Form and submit it to the Office of Academic Advising in Howarth 114. See more information on declaring a major/minor or selecting an advisor.