Student Research & Travel Awards
The University of Puget Sound offers many opportunities for students to engage in research and travel, whether in the natural sciences, in the social sciences, in the arts, or in the humanities. Most major programs of study either require or provide the option for a research-based thesis in the senior year. This site provides information and assistance on the numerous opportunities for students to apply for awards, grants, and stipends for support of their research projects and travels.
Student Research Opportunities
- Research Awards for 2012-2013. These awards provide up to $500 to support direct costs (e.g., materials, supplies) related to student research projects. Fall deadline, November 9, 2012; Spring deadline, April 9, 2013.
- Travel Awards for 2012-2013. For students presenting research at a professional conference, these awards provide up to $500 for travel expenses. Applications accepted on rolling basis through April 15, 2013.
- Summer 2013 Research Grants in Science and Mathematics. Awarded on a competitive basis, these funds provide a $3,250 or $3,750 stipend to support students engaged in independent research in science or mathematics for at least 10 weeks, fulltime, during the summer. Deadline for summer 2013 is March 12, 2013. McCormick applications are due 1 week earlier, March 5, 2013.
- Summer 2013 Research Grants in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Awarded on a competitive basis, these funds provide a $3,250 or $3,750 stipend to support students engaged in independent research in the arts, humanities, or social sciences for at least 10 weeks, fulltime, during the summer. Deadline for summer 2013 is March 8, 2013.
- Summer 2012 project abstracts from student award recipients in the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences