- up to 4 oz, the size of a small squirrel
- seed eating rodent, dental formula 1-0-2-3/1-0-1-3
- Chipmunks eat a variety of food including nuts, seeds, insects, fruit, and mushrooms.
- Their large cheek pouches are used for gathering and carrying food that is stored in underground den.
- Chipmunks run with tail straight in the air and usually are on the ground, but can climb easily.
- They are most likely seen in or near wooded areas, such as Pt. Defiance, or other areas with plenty of trees and shrubbery.