- 20-30 lbs or about 2-3 times the size of a BIG house cat
- a carnivore or omnivore, dental formula 3-1-4-2/3-1-4-2
- Racoons eat any small animal they can catch, plus insects, fruits and vegetables.
- This masked bandit of the night can be found throughout region in the county and city. Why do they have a mask?
- In wild areas, hollow trees are used for dens while urban raccoons use convenient human dwellings.
- In addition to its mask and ringed tail, raccoons are known for sensitive front paws that allow foraging by feel and they can easily catch fish, tadpoles, crayfish or insects under water.