Gates Cambridge Scholarship
About the Program
Established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to created a network of future leaders from around the world who will bring new vision and commitment to improving the life circumstances of citizens in their respective countries. Over time it is anticipated that these approximately 225 scholars, approximately 120 selected from the United States, will become leaders in helping to address global problems related to health, equity technology, and learning. Available for either a second bachelor's or a graduate degree, the award is for one to three years of study with a fourth possible.
Applicants from every country of the world except the United Kingdom are eligible to apply.
Applicants for graduate study should:
- hold or expect to be able to obtain a degree before October to begin your studies, a first class or exceptionally high second class honors degree or its equivalent from a recognized University
- gain admission to the University of Cambridge and to a constituent College in due course
- be able to meet the conditions set by the University for admission, i.e. academic qualifications (3.9 GPA).
- normally be under 30 years of age
Applicants for study for a second Bachelor's Degree as an Affiliated Student should:
- have outstanding qualifications
- gain an offer of admission to a Cambridge College
- be able to meet the conditions set by the College for admission, i.e. the minimum entrance requirements to matriculate.
- normally be under the age of 30
Graduate Study. Applicants from the USA must apply to the University of Cambridge for admission directly to the Board of Graduate Studies. Contact:
The Board of Graduate Studies
4 Mill Lane
Cambridge CB2 1RZ
Ask for CIGAS form A. Completed Preliminary Application Forms must be returned to the Gates Cambridge Trust as soon as possible and preferably by October 16.
Applicants who intend to study for a second Bachelor degree as an affiliated student must have outstanding academic qualifications since competition for these places is particularly severe. Make application by October. If you are offered a place, your College will send you a Gates Scholarship Application Form.
Go to the Gates Cambridge Scholarship website for complete information.