Becoming a Writing Advisor
Applicants for the 2013-2014 Writing Advisor Positions
All students applying for Peer Writing Advisor positions at the Writing Center should submit an application to Julie Nelson Christoph at the Center for Writing, Learning, and Teaching, Howarth 105, by March 8, 2013 at 5 pm. The application consists of the following materials:
1. A cover letter, with your current address and phone number on it, in which you address these questions:
- Why are you interested in being a Writing Advisor, and what would you bring to to the position?
- Have you ever been to the Writing Center? If so, what was your experience here?
- What major(s) have you declared, and what (if any) other areas of academic interest have you developed through your coursework at Puget Sound or elsewhere?
- What courses have you taken at Puget Sound that have had a writing component? Who were the professors in those courses?
- What co-curricular and work experiences have you had, at Puget Sound or elsewhere? How (if at all) do you see these experiences contributing to the work you would do as a Writing Advisor?
- When do you plan to graduate?
2. Two papers with the professor's comments
3. An unofficial transcript
We will call finalists for interviews before the end of spring term.
Peer Writing Advisor positions are open to students with at least a 3.3 G.P.A. who will be enrolled at the University of Puget Sound during the 2013-14 school year. Preference will be given to students who will be juniors and seniors in 2013-14.
If you have any questions about the application process or the positions, contact Julie Nelson Christoph at email@example.com or 253.879.3282.