Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I print single-sided?
- How do I print PowerPoint presentations with more than one slide per page?
- Why can't I print more than 100 pages?
- How do I print from my laptop?
Save Your Work
- It says my password has expired and I need to change it but, when I try, it says I'm not authorized to do that.
How do I print single-sided?
Under the File menu choose Print. In the Print window, click on Preferences. In the Printing Preferences window, click on the Finishing tab and uncheck Print on Both Sides.
How do I print powerpoint presentations with more than one slide per page?
Under the File menu choose Print. In the Print window, select Handouts from the Print what drop-down menu. Powerpoint will print 6 slides per page, unless you indicate otherwise.
Why can't I print more than 100 pages?
A maximum of 100 pages per print job has been implemented. If you need to print an item that is over 100 pages, simply print the first 100 pages as one print job and then print the remaining pages in a separate print request.
Saving your files to the Alexandria network drive allows you to access them from any computer on campus when you log on with your network username and password. You will no longer have to e-mail files to yourself and then open the attachments to work on them.
First, map a drive to Alexandria
- Right click on “My Computer” and choose “Map Network Drive”
- Under “Folder”, type: \\alexandria\your individual username
- Click “Connect using a different user name.” Use email@example.com as the “User name” and your PUGET SOUND domain password as the “Password.” Click OK.
- Click “Finish”
Save Files to you Alexandria drive
- Open “My Computer”
- Open the drive letter that you mapped
It says my password has expired and I need to change it but, when I try, it says I am not authorized to do that.
Unfortunately it gives the same error message regardless of the problem. Before going to OIS: Make sure the password is at least 6 characters long and isn't one you've used before. You cannot switch between two passwords.