Requesting a Library Instruction Session
If you are a Puget Sound faculty member and wish to schedule a library instruction session, please contact your liaison librarian. We look forward to working with you to develop an informative and productive session for your students.
- Schedule the session as close as possible to the time your students will work on their research assignment. In the event of scheduling conflicts, identify an alternative time for your session. We ask that you submit your request at least one week in advance to allow time for preparation.
- Give your liaison librarian a copy of the assignment and class syllabus.
- Provide specific details about the information and skills you want your students to learn.
- Inform your liaison librarian if you have a follow-up library exercise, or request one if you would like to include this as part of the instruction.
- Attend the instruction session with your class.
- Feel free to participate during the session by asking questions or making comments.
- Give feedback after the session.