- Copyright Office Basics
- Crash Course on Copyright (University of Texas)
- Music Library Association Copyright Guide FAQ
- Interactive Guide to Using Copyrighted Media in Your Courses (Baruch College)
- A Crash Course in Music Rights for Colleges & Universities (ASCAP)
- Copyright Glossary (Brown University)
- Know Your Copyrights (Association for Research Libraries)
- Creative Commons
- Questions and Answers on Copyright for the Campus Community
- Fair Use Fact Sheet (US Copyright Office)
- Checklist for Fair Use (Columbia)
- Copyright and Fair Use (Stanford)
- Reproduction of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians (US Copyright Office)
- (Center for Social Media)
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic and Research Libraries (Association of Research Libraries)
- Teach Act - Text of the law
- Teach Act Toolkit FAQ (North Carolina State U)
- Teach Act Checklist (Colorado University)
Off-Air Taping Guidelines
Course Management Systems & Copyright
College & University Copyright Ownership Policies
- College & University Guidelines - a compilation of sites from Stanford U
Determining the Status of a Work
- Digital Image Rights Computator "...intended to assist the user in assessing the intellectual property status of a specific image documenting a work of art, a designed object, or a portion of the built environment. "
- Search Copyright Information "Works registered with the U.S. Copyright Office since January 1, 1978."
Public Domain Sites & Sites with Creative Commons License
- When US Works Pass into the Public Domain (U North Carolina)
- Public Domain Music
- PodsafeAudio "...music under the Creative Commons license for use in Podcasts, Mashups, Shoutcasts, Webcasts and every other kind of 'casting' that exists on the 'net. "
- Image*After "...large online free photo collection."
- MorgueFile "Contains high-resolution stock photography images free for either corporate or private use."
- Tales from the Public Domain: CSPD Comics - a funny and smart comic that introduces the basic principles of copyright