Picture It Photo Contest
Sponsored by Collins Memorial Library and the Center for Writing, Learning, & Teaching.
Find the most unusual, inspiring, secret, or cozy place in which you like to read, write, think, or study and capture it in a photo! Each photograph must have a suitable accompanying caption (what, where, why). Images will be displayed on the Library and Center for Writing, Learning, & Teaching web pages. The winning photos will be framed and on display for the academic year in both the Center for Writing, Learning, & Teaching (CWLT) and Collins Library.
Entries will be judged by a panel of University of Puget Sound student employees from the CWLT and the Collins Memorial Library.
Who can participate: Any currently enrolled University of Puget Sound student
- Stick to the contest theme: Reading, writing, thinking, studying...
- Each photographer can submit as many entries as desired, but each photo must be submitted separately.
- Upload only your own original work.
- Ensure that you have the permission of each identifiable person to use their image by filling out this Photo Permission Form.pdf.
- Post-processing and digital manipulation is allowed.
- Photos should be appropriate for general audience.
- Please note that photos must be received by midnight on October 25, 2012.
How to Submit:
Step 1: Send an email to PictureIT@pugetsound.edu.
Step 2: In the subject line provide your first and last name.
Step 3: In the message portion include the following: Name, email, telephone number, and photo caption which should include a brief statement about your image.
Step 4: Submit your digital image as an attachment.
Step 5: Attach photo permission forms if required. Please note permission forms are only necessary for photos with easily identifiable people.
By submitting your photo(s) to this contest, you grant the University of Puget Sound, permission to publicly display, reproduce, and use the photographs in all manner and media for any and all purposes, including related promotional purposes, in perpetuity. However, you will retain the copyright to your photo(s) and Puget Sound will not sell your photo(s). You also warrant that the photo is your original work and does not violate the copyright or any other personal or property right of any third party, and that you have obtained any and all releases and permissions necessary for our intended use.
- Photos should be 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels tall.