Recent Additions to A Sound Past
New images added Fall semester 2010
- 7 color images of President R. Franklin Thompson taken 13 April 1972 as he approached the end of his 31-year presidency in 1973. The fastest way to access these images is to enter “1972” in the search box in the upper right-hand corner.
- Professor Coolidge Otis Chapman, English (3 images), 1954. Enter “Chapman” in the search box.
- Professors Frederick McMillin and Norman Anderson together, geology (2 images), 1954. Enter “Frederick” in the search box and they will be the last two images at the bottom of the page.
- An image of the groundbreaking for the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house on Union Avenue, spring 1965. Enter “beta” in the search book and look at the third image
- 9 color images of the 1952 groundbreaking for and construction of the music building. Enter “music building” in the search box, go to the very last page and look at the last nine images.
- A color image of the old music conservatory before it was taken down in 1952 to make way for the new music building. Enter “conservatory” in the search box and look at the last image on the second page.
- A color image of President R. Franklin Thompson on the front steps of Jones Hall, circa 1945. Enter “Thompson” in the search box, then go to page six and look at image 119.
- 8 images taken on Karlen Quadrangle (it wasn’t called that then) during a July 1971 summer school picnic. The images include R. Franklin Thompson, Religion Professor Bob Albertson, Financial VP Lloyd Stuckey Admission Director Ed Bowman, Education Professor Bob Ford, and Financial Aid Office Director and his associate Lewis and Clara Mae Dibble. Enter “1971” in the search box and look toward the bottom of page 1 and all of page 2.
- 2 images of Sociology Professor Frank Peterson teaching a summer school class in 1971. Enter “1971” in the search box and look at images 18 and 19.
- A color image of the 1960 College of Puget Sound Daffodil Parade float. Enter “daffodil” in the search box.
- A color image of Jones Hall taken October 1955 with plenty of cool old cars. For these and the other October 1955 color images (see below) enter “October” in the search box and look at images 17 through 22.
- 3 color images of Collins Memorial Library, one of the interior, taken October 1955.
- 2 color images of the music building, taken October 1955.
- A color image of Kittredge Hall taken from a window in Collins Memorial Library when the McIntyre Hall site was occupied by a parking lot full of more cool old cars.
- 11 images relating to the history of the Gail Day Chapel and the time when it was located in Jones Hall. The eleven will come up if patrons enter “Sapp” in the search box in the upper right-hand corner. The images are a gift to the archives of trustee Allan D. Sapp.