Staff Profile: Peggy Firman
Peggy Firman is the Associate Director for Resource Management Services in Collins Library. She serves as a member of the Library's management team, providing leadership to and participating in policy formulation and decision making processes.
Prior to coming to the University of Puget Sound, Firman worked in the Los Angeles area for Disney and for Savage Information Services where she had the good fortune to work with a number of different clients. She also worked as a reference librarian at Lewis and Clark College and for Blackwell North America, book and library services vendor.
- BA, Linguistics: University of Oregon
- MLS, Library Science: University of Oregon
Professional Development Activities
- Fair Use and Video Focus Group member, University of Washington, Oct. 25, 2010
- Orbis/Cascade Institutional Repositories Task Force, May 2009-Jan. 2010
- Orbis/Cascade Collection Development Management Committee, Steering Team, 2008-2010
- NITLE Dspace User Community Meeting Planning Committee, 2008
- Evaluator for Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, 2007-
- Orbis/Cascade Collection Development and Management Committee, 2005-
Publications & Presentations
- "Good Practices for Great Outcomes: Cataloging Efficiencies that Make a Difference," speaker and panelist, OCLC-UW Libraries event and webcast, Seattle, WA, November 9, 2010.
- "Library à la Carte at University of Puget Sound," poster session at Annual NITLE summit, New Orleans, LA, May 2010
- "DSpace Virtual UserCommunity Meeting," co-leader, multipoint interactive video conference, June 27, 2008.
- "Piloting DSpace with Students," NITLE summit, San Francisco, CA, April 3, 2008.
- Kueter, Andrea and Jane Carlin, Lori Ricigliano, Donna Backmann, Peggy Firman. "Extend your experience: the Northwest's natural and Cultural Landscape," College and Research Libraries News, vol. 69, No. 11, Dec. 2008: 686-690
- "NITLE Impact," poster session at annual NITLE summit, Hartford, CN, May 2007
- "Print Resources in a Digital World: Book Vendors and Librarians Share Their Views," http://www.plu.edu/~lutecast/2006-events/print-resources.html, webcast panelist, May 2006
Selected Recent Institutional Service
- Honor Court, 2009-
- Sexual Misconduct Board, 2009-
- Diversity Communication Implementation Task Force, 2008-
- Shared Sick Leave Task Force, 2007
- NITLE Liaison for University of Puget Sound, 2006-2009
- Budget Task Force (FY 05/06 and 06/07)
- Harassment Response Committee, 2005-2008 (Chair, 2005/06)