Staff Profile: Lori Ricigliano
Lori Ricigliano is the Associate Director for Information and Access Services in Collins library. She serves as a member of the Library's management team, providing leadership to and participating in policy formulation and decision making processes. She is responsible for program development, operations, and personnel of public services, including Access Services, Reference and Information Services, Information Literacy, and Academic Liaison Services. She also coordinates assessment and the government depository program. As a liaison librarian, she provides support for several departments and participates in reference, information literacy, and collection development.
Professional Areas of Interest
- Visual Literacy
- Race and pedagogy
- Dramaturgy research
o Baltimore Afro-American, vol. 1, pp. 81-82
o Black Athena Controversy, vol. 1, pp. 127-129.
o Brownies' Book, vol. 1, pp. 209-210.
o General Bibliography and Resources, vol. 5, pp.1809-1818,
o Journal of Black Poetry, vol. 3, pp. 904-906.
o Negro Digest, vol. 3, pp. 1195-1196.
o Negro World, vol. 3, pp. 1198-1200.
- Interview: Technology, Gender & the Academic Library. NetConnect, Spring 2003, p. 6.
- Making the Grade: Teaching Competencies for Academic Librarians In Managing Library Instruction Programs in Academic Libraries. Ann Arbor: Pierian Press, 2002.
- After X Comes Y: Teaching the Next Generation” In Library User Education in the New Millennium: Blending Tradition, Trends, and Innovations. Ann Arbor: Pierian Press, 2001, pp. 211-19.
- Learning to Question. LOEX News, 27 no. 2 (Summer 2000):6-7.
- Library Mystery Tour In Programs that Work, Ann Arbor: PIerian Press, 1997. pp. 207-212.
- Building Partnerships. PNLA Quarterly, 59 (Summer 1995):24.
- Engaging Faculty in Technology for Teaching and Research In Winning the Network Game: Proceedings of the ACM SIGUCCS User Services Conference XXIII. New York: ACM, 1995, pp. 249-251. Co-authored with Shelley Owen.
- Austin Clarke: A Reference Guide. NY: GK Hall, 1993.
Selected Conference Presentations
- Reading the Visual Narrative, panel presentation at the Visual Culture Colloquium, 2014
- Integrating Library Assessment into Curriculum Reviews, poster session at the Library Assessment Conference, Seattle 2014
- Assessing Library Spaces, lightning talk at the Library User Experience and Assessment Un-Conference, Portland, OR, April 2014
- Stepping Up Your Game: Responding to Evolving Regional Accreditation Standards, contributed paper session at the 2011 Association of College and Research Libraries National Conference, Philadelphia
- Reality Check: Race and Diversity Dynamics, panelist at the 2010 Race and Pedagogy National Conference, Tacoma
- Men’s Work, Women’s Work: The Social Shaping of Technology in Academic Libraries, contributed paper session at the Association of College and Research Libraries National Conference, Charlotte, NC, April 2003
- Saving the Forest for the Trees: Regional Documents in Danger of Extinction, panel presentation at the Oregon Library Association/Washington Library Association Joint Conference, Portland, OR, April 2002
- After X Comes Y: A Workshop on Teaching the Next Generation, California Clearinghouse on Library Instruction, San Diego, CA, June 1999
- Staff Member of the Year, January 2006
The award is given to an individual who has exhibited excellence in her work life at Puget Sound and has enhanced the institution through her service to students, faculty, other staff members and/or the wider university community.