Working with a Student Who Has a Disability
- If you are feeling uncomfortable about a situation, let the person of disability know.
- Expect all students to meet the academic requirements of a course. Reasonable accommodations do not excuse a student from learning and demonstrating that learning.
- Information about a disability is confidential. Never comment or initiate a discussion regarding a disability in front of other students.
- People with disabilities are like any other group of people—some will be outstanding and extraordinary; most will be average; and some will perform poorly.
- The student is responsible for communicating classroom and academic needs to the instructor
- The Office of Accessibilty and Accommodations is here to help you both.