Audit a Class
The audit allows the student to register for a course without grade or credit in order to enrich the college experience. Full-time students, Alumni with Puget Sound degrees, and members of the University of Puget Sound Women's League may audit, on a space available basis, without charge, one class per term, with a maximum of two classes per academic year. This includes the Summer Session. Audit registration coincides with the add period for each term.
Students who do not fit the categories listed above may audit regularly scheduled classes on a space-available basis at one-half the regular tuition fee. An instructor reserves the right to refuse an auditor.
The following courses are not available for any student to audit:
- Writing and Rhetoric (WR) and Scholarly and Creative Inquiry (SI) seminars
- Independent Study, Directed Research, or Junior/Senior Research courses
- Senior Thesis or graduate/undergraduate project courses
- Laboratory, Fieldwork, or Clinic, courses
- Internship, Co-Operative Education, or Practicum courses
- Any course numbered 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 695, 696, 697, 698, or 699.
- AFAM 401
- ART 285, 385
- ASIA 350
- BIOL 355
- COMM 221
- CSCI 460, 461, 462
- EDUC 613, 622, 624
- ENGL 451
- HIST 400
- HUM 315
- IPE 191
- OT 501, 502, 503, or 504
- THTR 463