Registration for Fall 2013 begins Monday, April 8.
- Check your enrollment time in your Student Center.
- See your advisor and use Cascade for your Degree Progress Report.
- Clear any registration holds you may have. (Undergraduate students must have the advising meeting hold released by an advisor.)
- Login to your Student Center to fill your shopping cart with the classes you want. You can do this at any time.
- At or after your enrollment time, return to your Student Center to "check out" by clicking the FINISH ENROLLING button in your shopping cart.
Using the New System
You'll use the new Student Center link in Cascade to access everything related to registration. The following are available to assist you:
- Student Center Handout - PDF guide to using Student Center.
- Student Center Homepage 101 – Online guide to the tabs and functionality in Student Center.
- Enrolling in Classes – Online guide to registering in classes using the shopping cart, where you can put classes prior to or during your registration appointment.
- Searching for Classes – Online guide to using the class and course search features.
- Creating a Planner – Online guide to this helpful feature which allows you to save classes as favorites in preparation for registration or future use. Please note that "Searching by My Requirements" is not active for the Fall 2013 term.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - SoundNet page which requires Puget Sound login.
For assistance, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for your enrollment appointment time?
To view your enrollment appointment time, click the "details" hyperlink in the "Enrollment Dates" box on the right-hand side of your Student Center (entered through your Cascade menu).
See the Fall 2013 Core Classes Quick Guide. Please refer to the class schedule accessed through your Student Center for current details on each class.
See the quick guide below for the program in which you are interested. (Quick guides for other interdisciplinary programs will be available soon.) Please refer to the class schedule accessed through your Student Center for current details on each class.
- African American Studies - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
- Asian Studies - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
- Environmental Policy and Decision Making - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
- Gender Studies - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
- Global Development Studies - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
- International Political Economy - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
- Latin American Studies - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
- Neuroscience - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
- Science, Technology, and Society - Fall 2013 Quick Guide
Want to take a course as pass/fail?
To register “Pass/Fail” for a graded course, you must take the following steps:
- Register for the course as “graded.”
- Go to the Office of the Registrar before the end of the add-drop period to register your preference for pass/fail grading.
Need to waitlist a class?
You can be on waitlists for up to two units. When putting a class in your shopping cart, select the waitlist option for your highest priority classes. Once this registration period ends, you will need to be active in the waitlist process by:
- Being alert for messages sent out to those on waitlists. The first message will likely be on Thursday, April 18.
- Following the instructions in those messages on how to adjust your class schedule in anticipation of being enrolled in a new class from a waitlist. This will include dropping, in advance of the waitlist process being run, any class that conflicts with the waitlisted class.
Need to change advisor or change/declare your major or minor?
To change advisor or change/declare a major or minor, you must complete the Change of Major, Minor, and Advisor Form and submit it to the Office of Academic Advising in Howarth 114. See more information on declaring a major/minor or selecing an advisor.
Registering for Summer 2013?
You will use your Student Center starting April 15.