Physical attributes of the University of Puget Sound campus that make it a unique academic environment among its peers:
- Tudor Gothic architectural style and the intimate scale of buildings in the campus core.
- Structure of quadrangles and open space and their relationship with core campus buildings.
- Forest of fir trees in the north, central, and south areas of campus.
- Residential neighborhood surrounding the campus and access to nearby neighborhood retail.
- Campus scale and compactness resulting in its intimacy, accessibility, and vitality.
- Variety of on-campus residential choices, including unique theme-housing on Lawrence Street.
- Formal campus entrance at the Sutton Quad and Jones Hall.
- Centralized dining and social facilities at Wheelock Student Center.
- Dramatic Puget Sound setting and its diverse off-campus opportunities.