Memorial Fieldhouse & Pamplin Sports Center

The Pamplin Sports Center was added to the Memorial Fieldhouse in 1994.  Robert B. Pamplin, Jr. was a member of the Puget Sound Board of Trustees (1990-93) whose donation made possible the sports-center addition.  The Memorial Fieldhouse, completed in 1949, was dedicated to the "men and women of Pierce County and Washington State who forfeited their lives to the cause of democracy" in World War II.