The first building in the university's current location, Jones Hall was built in 1924 with a major gift from Mrs. Franke Tobey Jones and dedicated to the memory of her late husband, Charles Hebard (C.H.) Jones. C.H. Jones (1845-1922) was a soldier of the civil war, lumberman, and friend of the college. Jones Hall contains administrative offices, classrooms, and the Norton Clapp Theatre.