Campus Cornerstone

When the campus was purchased 1923, a dedication ceremony for the new campus was held at this large rock in its original location on the north side of Jones Hall between what is now Anderson Hall and the library. According to a paper by President Thompson, when he first came here in 1942 a student hit the rock with his Model A Ford.  After three more accidents in the next 20 years, Doc T. decided to move the rock to the south side of Jones Hall where it was located for several years.  In 2004 it was moved to the northeast corner of Kilworth Chapel.