Microsoft Online Training
Puget Sound faculty, students, and staff are eligible to access self-paced software training at microsoft.com.
To Get Started
- Go to https://business.microsoftelearning.com/activate/ and do the following:
- Read the Data Sharing Notice and check the Accept box.
- Enter Puget Sound's multi-use access code (obtained by contacting the Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your Puget Sound e-mail address and click Send.
Important Note: Since the license agreement is limited to 1,078 accounts and extends only to members of the Puget Sound campus community, access information must not be shared with unauthorized users.
- Each time you log in, you will be prompted to use a valid Windows LiveT ID. If you already have a profile with microsoft.com, click the Sign In button and enter your Windows Live, MSN or Hotmail ID.
If you do not already have a Windows Live ID, do the following:
- Click the Sign In button and then click Sign Up Now.
- Complete the necessary account information and click I Accept.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration. Click the link provided in it to complete the confirmation and activate your courses.
- When prompted, sign in using your new Windows Live ID.
- A confirmation page appears indicating that the access code has been accepted. If there is an error, ensure you have entered the code correctly using proper case.
- Click the My Learning link to see a list of available courses. Select the preferred language and targeted audience boxes.
- Click a course title to launch the offering. You have 12 months from the time of launch to complete that course.
To Return to a Course
- Go to https://business.microsoftelearning.com/.
- Click the Sign In button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Sign in using your Windows Live ID and password.
- Click the My Learning Catalog link on the left side of the page under Customer Login.
- Continue your course.
If you have questions about the access code, please e-mail email@example.com. If you experience any problems with your training, please contact the Microsoft regional support center at 800.636.7544 or 888.456.7077.