Puget Sound passwords must
- be 8 to 30 characters in length
- begin with an upper or lower case letter
- include at least one number
- contain characters from two of the following classes: symbol (!#%:-), upper case letter (A-Z), lower case letter (a-z)
- not contain your username, the @ sign, a space, a quotation (") or apostrophe mark (')
- be different than your past three Puget Sound passwords.
Passwords are valid for 8 months. You will be notified 14 days before your password expires.
Change Puget Sound Password
You can change your Puget Sound password in Cascade by following the instructions below. Changing your password in Cascade will change it for all applications using the Puget Sound Login. Allow three minutes after changing your password for this synchronization to take effect.
- Go to https://cascade.pugetsound.edu.
- Click Log In at the top right of the page.
- Login to Cascade using your current password.
- Click on Change Password from the brick menu bar.
- Enter your current password and click Next.
- Enter your new password twice.
- Click Save.
- If you are using a university-owned Windows computer on campus, please log off the computer immediately after changing your password, and then log back in using your new password.
Secure your password by
- making it significantly different than previous passwords
- using a different password than those used for other services (such as personal e-mail, online banking, etc.)
- not including easily gather information such as your name, address, phone number, social security number, license plate number, family member or pet name
- change your password more often than every 8 months
- never sharing your password.
For assistance, contact the Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or email@example.com.