Add a Feature Box
The feature box appears at the top of the content area if information has been entered into the Feature 1, Feature 2, or Feature 3 boxes available on the two basic templates (as well as several others). If there's no information in these boxes, the system is smart enough not to display the empty feature box on the page. You must enter photos for this feature to work right, especially with more than one feature. Medium to large horizontal images work best for this space. If your image is too large, the CMS will prompt you to crop the image when you Save and Publish the page. If you publish the page and the image doesn't fill the space or seems fuzzy or grainy, you need a larger image. If you need assistance sizing an image for this space, contact the Web Manager.
- Find the page you want to add the feature box to in CMS and edit the page.
- Scroll down on the Content tab until you see the Feature 1, Feature 2, Feature 3, and Feature Color options near the bottom of the page. As noted above, you can use 1 or more of these boxes, but if want the features to show up, the Feature 1 item must be completed (ie, you can't leave number 1 blank and use numbers 2 and 3).
- Click the Show option on the right of Feature 1.
- Enter a Title for the feature and some text in the Description field. Note the 55 word suggested minimum for this text field. Longer passages of text will "break" the design and make the feature box taller than the photo space allows.
- You must enter a photo to best use the feature area. Click the Browse button to find and select the desired image for your feature. As noted above, medium to large horizontal images work best for this space, with minimum image size of 327 pixels wide by 217 pixels high.
- You have the option of entering a Link URL that will read More Information. If you wish, you can designate this link open in a new browser window.
- Enter similar information into Feature 2 and/or 3 if you wish to have more than one feature showing on the screen.