Fall sports score big
Men's x-country, women's soccer, volleyball take conference titles
Collectively, Puget Sound's sports teams had their best seasons in recent memory this fall. In brief:
- Men's cross-country successfully defended its Northwest Conference (NWC) title.
- Football secured its first winning season since '87.
- Men's soccer completed the season at 12-5-3 overall and 9-3-2 in the NWC.
- Women's soccer clinched its first ever NWC title with a 15-1-1 record. After a first-round bye in the NCAA regionals, the women were upset 2-1 in overtime by number four seed Chapman.
- With a 23-0 record, volleyball captured its second NWC championship in four years and was ranked #6 in NCAA Division III and #1 in the West. At press time the team was on its way to the West Regional Tournament.