50 Years of Events in the Fieldhouse

At a ceremony during the annual student and alumni Reunion/Homecoming Picnic, the history of the fieldhouse was recounted in words, music, dance and photos. A plaque reading the following was unveiled by alumni and student representatives and presented by President Pierce to Athletic Director Richard Ulrich and permanently installed in the lobby of the fieldhouse.

IN COMMEMORATION

OF THE

FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY

OF

THE UNIVERSITY OF PUGET SOUND

MEMORIAL FIELDHOUSE IN PAMPLIN SPORTS CENTER

DEDICATED IN 1949 AS A MEMORIAL TO THE

ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-EIGHT STUDENTS,

ALUMNI AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE UNIVERSITY FAMILY

WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES IN WORLD WAR II

50 YEARS OF CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE

1949-1999