Saving a file as a PDF from Adobe Photoshop*
* Photoshop is available in select computer labs on campus, including Library 034.
This method works best when with saving images and Photoshop files as PDFs. This includes: .jpg, .gif, .png, .tif, .bmp, and .psd (Photoshop).
Saving your file as PDF will help us expedite the printing process, and ensure that your order is printed to your specifications.
Please check that the file you send us matches the final size you'd like printed.
- Open your file in Photoshop.
- Go to “File”.
- Select “Save as”
- From the drop down menu next to “Format” (located below where you name the file), select “Photoshop PDF”.
- Click "Save".
- In the Options box un-check the box next to Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities (this will significantly reduce your file size, so you can email it).Click “Save PDF”.
- Tip! If your original file is a Photoshop file, do not delete it after saving to PDF. Otherwise, you will be unable to make changes to your file in the future.
- If your file is still too large to email, you can reduce the size further by following steps 1-6, then going to “Compression” (located on the left side of the save window).
- In the Options box, next to “Image Quality” select “High” instead of “Maximum”, then save your PDF.
If you have any questions, contact Print & Copy Services at email@example.com or 253.879.3737.