Registering for Credit
These steps must be completed prior to registering for internship or co-operative education courses and applies to:
Begin this process early in the semester prior to the semester in which you plan to enroll. You should try to complete all steps before the early registration period—November for Spring, April for Fall and/or Summer.
- Begin your search by reviewing the various internship resources.
- Meet with the Internship Coordinator at Career and Employment Services to discuss personal and course objectives. Schedule an appointment by calling 253.879.3161.
- Contact employers and make arrangements for interviews. (Brush up on your interview skills to prepare.)
- After accepting an offer, complete a Learning Agreement and secure required signatures—advisor, employer, etc.
- Submit your completed Learning Agreement to CES (Howarth 101) and secure the Internship Coordinator's permission to register. Registration occurs outside of the regular process and requires an add/drop form.
- Plan to finalize your paperwork during registration or during the add/drop period. Please schedule an appointment with the Internship Coordinator to obtain an add code form.
Internships and Tuition
If you're pursuing an internship for credit at Puget Sound, tuition and fees apply whether the internship takes place during the academic year or the summer.
Have questions about the cost of partial credits? Contact Student Financial Services.
Considering whether or not to pursue an internship for academic credit?
Alex Shannon '14 participated in the Internship Seminar while interning with the NCIS:
"I get to augment my internship fieldwork with in-depth academic work which enriches my experience.
I am in the beginning stages of a paper on the division of labor in law enforcement practices. This is directly pertinent to my majors (Economics and IPE) and I think that it will directly help my academic career at Puget Sound."