Alumni are students’ most valuable resource when it comes to envisioning a career beyond the Puget Sound campus. Students look to alumni for encouragement, inspiration, ideas and advice.
The Alumni Council Career and Employment Services Committee (CESC) fosters a culture in which alumni are readily available to assist current students with career issues, supplementing and complementing the CES office with resources to support students as they align with and compete for opportunities leading to satisfying professional lives.
The Alumni Council CESC invites you to consider ways you can help Puget Sound students TODAY!
- Join the ASK Network. Simply by being a member, students can see your profile and begin to develop ideas about their own career paths.
- Hire students and recent grads. Post job and internship opportunities at pugetsound.edu/HireStudents. (part-time, full-time, summer, and temporary)
- Encourage your colleagues and professional friends to recruit Puget Sound students and recent grads.
- Remind your employer why liberal arts graduates like you have talents worth seeking out.
- Identify Logger interns and new hires at your organization and offer to be a mentor.
- Display Puget Sound imprinted items at work to generate conversation about your alma mater.
- Host students at your worksite for the shadow program Take a Logger to Work Day.
- Post a picture of you at work (especially with Puget Sound interns or new hires) to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media with the hashtag #LoggersAtWork and @univpugetsound.
- Donate a padfolio or pocket business card holder to CES for us to provide to students who don’t have these items for an interview.
- Send a book that has impacted your career journey to CES to include in our “Alumni Recommendations” collection.
- Invite other alumni to join the ASK Network (at pugetsound.edu/JoinASK) as a way for students to learn about the variety of career paths taken by Puget Sound graduates.