vDesk (Virtual Desktop)
Puget Sound's virtual desktop, vDesk, provides anytime, anywhere access to a wide range of software and tools, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, and discipline-specific applications such as Mathematica and SPSS.
Work done on vDesk can be saved locally but the default location is the individual network storage provided for storing and backing up university-related files.
PRINTING FROM A LAPTOP OR OTHER MOBILE DEVICE TO ANY LAB OR CLASSROOM PRINTER IS NOW POSSIBLE ONLY BY USING VDESK. Please refer to the instructions below or in the Related Pages at right for instructions on using vDesk on your laptop or other mobile device. Once in vDesk, printers which are nearby your physical location will automatically appear as options in the usual printer list for the software you are using.
Faculty, staff, and students can login to vDesk at https://vdesk.pugetsound.edu. Since vDesk requires installation of a plugin the first time it is accessed, please refer to the instructions below if you are a first-time user.
To Use vDesk on a Windows machine (or see Instructions for Using vDesk on a Mac):
- Go to https://vdesk.pugetsound.edu using Internet Explorer or Firefox as your browser.
- Click “I agree with the Citrix license agreement” when prompted.
- Then Click Install.
- Depending on the settings of your browser, you may see one or both of the following two messages during plugin installation:
First, you may be asked if you want to save or run the plugin. Please choose "Run" to begin installation.
Second, you may see the message below during plugin installation. If so, click “Do not ask me again for this site.”
- Click “Permit all access.”
- Once plugin is installed, Click Continue.
- You will see the welcome box that will now appear each time you visit vDesk.
Login with your PugetSound username and password.
- The vDesk menu will appear. Use these applications as you normally would.
Please note that the “File Explorer” icon is the same as “Explorer” and will automatically point to your home share H: on the server (or in some cases your home share will be I: ) as the repository for your documents.
- Remember to close all applications and logout when you are finished.
For assistance, contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or email@example.com.