Connect Key (Network Access)
To ensure a safe computing environment for all users, the University of Puget Sound employs a Connect Key on the residential network and wireless connections across campus. For assistance, contact the Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Install the Puget Sound Connect Key
- Start by connecting to the PS-CampusAccess wireless network or the residential wired network.
- When you open a browser, you’ll be prompted to login with your Puget Sound username and password. See Login Help if needed.
- Click the button to download and install the Connect Key.
- Download should begin automatically. Important Note: If your computer is running McAfee or Norton Internet Security or a firewall, you may need to allow Internet access for the Connect Key files, SCClient.exe and SCManager.exe (SCManagerD and SCClient on Macs), to avoid being asked to repeatedly download and install the Connect Key.
- Follow the instructions presented during the install process.
- The Connect Key will scan your computer to ensure you meet the requirements. You will receive an on-screen message if you do not. Follow the instructions there or contact the Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or email@example.com for assistance.
- The Connect Key will automatically log your computer into the network wherever you go on campus. As a security precaution, you will be prompted to login occasionally.
Computers connecting to the network must meet the following requirements:
- Anti-virus software running
- Automatic updates enabled
- No illegal peer to peer file sharing
You should also go to Cascade and log in there first if any of the following conditions apply to you:
- It is the first time you are using your Puget Sound login.
- Your password was changed recently by Technology Services.
- Your password was locked after multiple incorrect password attempts.