…Using two VCR’s?
- Turn on monitors and VCR’s.
- Pull door down and insert ORIGINAL tape in top VCR. Press PLAY.
- At this point the picture should appear on BOTH monitors (black and white).
- If not, pull down door on lower VCR and locate INPUT SELECT button.
- Press repeatedly to select L1 and picture appears.
- Monitor on right will display “LINE 1″ logo.
- Insert blank tape into lower VCR.
- For best quality, record in SP speed. SP speed is strongly recommended for all on campus uses.
- Cue tapes as desired.
- For straight copying, first press RECORD on lower VCR, then PLAY on top VCR.
- For editing, use the PAUSE on the lower VCR rather than STOP. Cue up the top tape and un-pause lower tape to start recording again.
Cautions and Notes:
- BOTH VCR’s can record.
- Take care to not record over and erase your tape.
- Only the left audio can be heard, but both left and right will copy.
- Monitors are monochrome, but your copy will be color.
…Using a camcorder and a VCR?
If you have your own patch cord, you can use either VCR to dub/edit from your camcorder.
- Below the large tape door is a small flap hiding the #2 Input.
- Connect your camcorder.
- Pull down large door. Press INPUT SELECT until L2 and your picture appear on the appropriate monitor.
- Cue tapes.
- Press RECORD on the VCR, and PLAY on the camcorder.
You can make two VHS copies if you wish.
- Connect your camcorder to the upper VCR and you will be able to record on both VHS decks.
- You can dub a new audio tract on this unit.