Capture Live Video
How do I capture live video (in Lib 034C)?
There is a digital camcorder hooked up to a computer in recording room Library 034C. Follow the directions below for capturing live video onto the computer.
In Library 034C
- Sign on to your profile on the Puget Sound domain.
- Make sure the camcorder is plugged into the computer. Turn the camcorder on.
- Open Adobe Premiere Elements (there should be a shortcut on the desktop).
- Click Capture Video.
- Name your project (the name does not matter at this point).
- The capture window will pop up. Whatever the camcorder is filming should show up on the computer screen.
- Sit close to the camcorder and zoom out in order to get optimal sound quality.
- Click Capture when you are ready to record and Stop Capture when you are finished. When you are finished recording everything, close the capture window by clicking the button that says “Edit” in the top right hand corner of the screen. .
- Your video clips will show up in the Timeline window. To delete any unwanted clips, you can use the selecting tool to select certain clips to delete them. To delete a part of a clip, you will need to split clips using the razor tool. You can also move clips by dragging them using the selecting tool. For help with editing ask the media desk.
- Remember to Save your project before exporting the video.
- Click File, Export, and then Windows Media (or whichever format your instructor specifies!).
- Name the file by your Puget Sound sign-on name (i.e. jdoe). Choose your Projects folder that you mapped in class as your destination folder. Click Save. Your video will be saved as a complete *.wmv file in your projects folder.
NOTE: For Chinese 303, your folder is named “Chinese303video” and is located on the desktop.