Use Flatbed Scanners
How do I use the flatbed scanners in the Media Lab?
Note: This information can also be found in hard copy next to the flatbed scanners in the Lab.
- Double click “Scanning Software” on the desktop.
- Select the appropriate option depending on the need; “Scan Document” or “Scan Picture.”
If choosing “Scan Document”:
- Choose your preview preference. (Default is yes). Hit OK.
- Select what you are scanning; Text and Graphic, Text as Image, Editable Text, Editable Text with Graphic. Hit “Scan.”
If choosing “Scan Picture”:
- Choose the desired media (Default is “Original from glass” for paper). Hit “Scan.”
- Resize the rectangle to fit the desired scanning area. Use the dark black squares to resize.
- Click “Accept” to scan the image.
- By default, the scan resolution is set to 150DPI for all types of scanning. If the resulting image is unsatisfactory, the resolution can be modifies up or down (usually up for higher quality) by clicking the “Advanced” menu and clicking “Resolution.”
- Many other advanced options are available from the “Advanced” menu to adjust the scanned image.
- The image is stored in the “Scanned Images” link on the desktop. By default, the program puts the images scanned in a time-stamped folder.
If you need further assistance, please see the attendant at the Media Desk.