Scan and Save as PDF
How do I scan a document and save it as a PDF file?
For the HP Scanjet 4570c scanner
- Left mouse click START
- Move to All Programs
- Move to Media Applications
- Move to Hewlett-Packard
- Move to Scanners
- Move to and click Photo & Imaging Director
- Click Scan Document
- Select Editable Text or Editable Text with Graphics
- Select Destination: Microsoft Word
- Click SCAN
- Misaligned papers in the scanner should automatically straighten. Adjust border around image if needed using cursor.
- Click Accept
- Do you want to scan another page into the current document? Click YES or NO
- Edit finished document at this time if you wish. Processing has difficulty with large font.
- Save to file of your choice or to disc.
- If you have more than one page you would like to save into the same .PDF file. Save both files, then go to insert and insert pages.
- Find the .PDF files you would like to add, and then choose to add either ‘before’ or ‘after’ the current page.
- Save the compilation .PDF file and delete the other .PDFs
Note: there are several ways to scan using the HP scanning program
Scanner will display PROCESSING.