Scan and Save as Editable Text
How do I scan a document and save it as editable text?
For the HP Scanjet 4570c scanner
- Left mouse click START
- Move to All Programs
- Move to Media Applications
- Move to Hewlett-Packard
- Move to Scanners
- Move to and left click Photo & Imaging Director
- Left click Scan Document
- Select Editable Text or Editable Text with Graphics
- Select Destination: Microsoft Word
- Left click SCAN
- Misaligned papers in the scanner should automatically straighten. Adjust border around image if needed using cursor.
- Left click Accept
- Do you want to scan another page into the current document? Left click YES or NO
- Scanner will display PROCESSING.
- Edit finished document at this time if you wish. Processing has difficulty with large font.
- Save to file of your choice or to disc.
For the HP Scanjet 5590 scanner
- Open HP Director
- Click Scan Document; be sure to place the item you want to scan on the scanner bed, face down.
- Select Yes when asked Scan for editable text (OCR)?
- If the document you are scanning also contains images, on Original contains graphics? Select Yes. If not, select No.
- Next to Scan to, select Save to File and it will be saved as a Rich Text file, which can be opened in Microsoft Word or Word Pad.
- Select Scan. It will show you a preview of your scanned image, allowing you to select what part of the scanned document you would like to save. Crop the image, and then select Accept.
- It will ask you if you want to scan another document. Follow the instructions according to what you need to do.
- Name the scanned file and select its destination (for example, the Desktop), then click Save. It will then process the page.