Download and Scan Images
How do I download and scan images from a digital camera?
For the Sony Digital Camera
- Set the bottom switch to PLAY and turn on the camera.
- Connect the USB cable to camera and computer. The computer will recognize the camera. If a window pops up, select Open folder to view files.
- If the window does not pop up, go to Start > My Computer > Removable Drive (F:) > DCIM > 100MSDCF.
- Highlight all of your pictures and drag them to the desktop. The photos will copy automatically to your hard drive.
- To disconnect the camera without shutting down the computer, right click on the green and gray icon on the bottom right toolbar next to the clock and select Safely Remove Hardware.
- Highlight Sony DSC and select Stop.
- In the new window highlight Sony DSC one more time and select Ok.
- Once Safe to Remove Hardware bubble notice pops in the right lower corner of your monitor, you can disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
For the Olympus Camedia Digital Camera
- With everything turned off, connect the USB cable to Camera and Computer.
- Turn the Camera dial to Green Arrow setting.
- Boot up Computer.
- Open OLYMPUS CAMEDIA software.
- You’ll see Windows Dialogue box come up. Click MY CAMERA icon.
- Your Images will display on screen.
- PC: Go to File > Download All Images. Choose a destination folder to copy to. Click OK.
- After copying your Images, delete the pictures from the camera. Select all > Delete.
- You may want to open Images in Photoshop, size them down, and rename them.