Contact information about a department or program should be found in the right-side Contact Information box on the main page of the program's Web site, and should be formatted as follows:
Person or Program Name (in bold)
Title if appropriate
1500 N. Warner St.
Tacoma, WA 98416-0000
Local address (ie, Jones 101)
Note the following things about this format:
- Local address would be something like Jones 100, Wyatt 223, or WSC 200.
- Phone numbers use dots between the sections, not parentheses, spaces, or dashes. If you have a toll-free number, you can still use this convention: 800.555.1212.
- The word (fax) should appear in lower case letters following the fax number, if desired. No label should be appended to the standard phone number in most cases. People understand that if a number is listed and not identified as something other than a telephone number, then it's a regular phone number.
- E-mail addresses should be displayed on the screen and the link attached to the address should be a simple HTML mailto, such as mailto:email@example.com.
- The Contact Information box in CMS is displayed in two sections. This allows you to indicate how you want your contact information to be displayed if you choose a template and options that would allow the Contact Information box to display in two columns (Content - Slim template, no Related Pages feature). Otherwise the system is smart enough to stack your entries.