How do I upload a document?
- Check out the page you want to add the document to in CMS. (Note: You can't upload documents on a new page until you have saved and published it once. You can make it a hidden page on the Navigation tab if you don't want to publish it on your site before you have the document added. Then no one will find it accidentally before you're ready. Just remember to go back to the Navigation tab and check the Visible in Navigation box when you're ready for the page to appear in your navigation box.
- In the right-side Resources box, click on the Upload New Resource button. (Note: If you don't see a button, just plain text, you probably don't have Flash installed through Firefox on your machine. Close the CMS, open Firefox, go to www.adobe.com, and download and install the most recent version of Flash. Then open the CMS and try again.)
- Navigate to and select your document in the browse window. (Note: Remember, it's best to upload files without spaces or %20 in the file name. You may need to rename your file before you upload.)
- Click the Open button at the bottom of the browse window. Your file gets uploaded and added to the list of resources for the current page (displayed in alphanumeric order). Scroll down in the list until you see your file name.
- To add a link on your page to this new document, just click and drag it from the Resource box on the right to the Page Content area on the left. Then you can change the text of the link by highlighting and typing.
- Be sure to change the link properties by selecting the link (by clicking anywhere on the link, not by highlighting the whole link) and then clicking on the Insert/edit link icon in the formatting toolbar (looks like a chain link). It is recommended to open documents in a separate browser window (set the Target field to "Open in new window (_blank)") and to use the Class field to designate the type of document (PDF, Word document, etc.). Setting the Class field will add an icon next to your link that designates that it is a PDF (or DOC, etc.) link.