Add Related Pages
Use this feature to add links to other areas of the site related to the content in your section or to external sites. Check the box to open the link in a new window for external links (or other links you want to open a separate browser). Note that these links can be reordererd and edited after they've been entered, and as they are manually entered, they may not be updated automatically the way other links in the site are if the link has been changed. For instance, if you're linking to www.pugetsound.edu/admission and the Admission department changes that URL to www.pugetsound.edu/admissions, your Related Pages link will break. Be aware that these will need to be reviewed periodically to make sure they are still valid.
- Find the page you want to add Related Pages to in CMS and edit it.
- Scroll down until you see the Related Pages section.
- Click the Show link at the right of the Related Pages section.
- Enter a Link Title. This is the text that will appear on the screen in the Related Pages section.
- Type or paste in a full Link URL, including the http://. Be sure to check the box if you want this link to open in a new browser window (ie, if it's an external link or a document).
- Click the Add Page button to add the link to the Related Pages list.
- Repeat steps 4-6 to add additional links to the list.
Note that you can reorder links in the list by clicking and dragging the four-headed arrow to the left of the link names. You can also edit or delete a link in the list by clicking on the icons on the right of the link names.
Note: If you edit a link, you must click the Add Page button when you're done to pop it back up into the list or you will lose your link.