The 1909 basketball team, like their football counterparts, didn't believe in using many substitutes.
Each year, students and faculty would gather for Campus Day to improve the university campus and serve the neighboring community.
The hatchet was first unearthed by students in 1908 as they were tearing down a barn at the 6th and Sprague campus. The students decided to carve their year of graduation on the handle, starting a longtime Puget Sound tradition.
Professor C. O. Boyer serves as acting president.
The football team goes undefeated in third season. Basketball and baseball teams are also formed.
Institution reincorporated as University of Puget Sound (May 6). Board elects Edwin M. Randall Jr. president. He serves for one year.
Reorganized school includes: College of Liberal Arts, Academy (prep school), Commercial School, Schools of Music, Art, and Oratory.
Alumni Association donates property at Sixth Avenue and Sprague Street for new campus.
Student newspaper Ye Recorde replaced by The Maroon.
Women's College League formed.
Board elects Reverend Joseph E. Williams president. Edward H. Todd employed as general secretary to raise funds.
Financial reports shows that 75 percent of the annual income of $12,270 came from collections from Methodist churches.
Williams resigns. Professor L. L. Benbow named acting president for one year.
Board elects Reverend Dr. Julius C. Zeller president. Todd resigns having raised $75,000.
Hatchet tradition begins.
E. L. Blaine elected board chair.