Guidelines for Copier Use
Proper use and care of copiers is vital. The following guidelines will enhance copier reliability for all users.
- Follow the alerts on the copier screen. It will guide you to the sections that have jams.
- Remove all paper (including small pieces) at each site.
- Open and close doors and working parts gently.
- If you cannot locate a jam, call x3737 and someone from Print & Copy Services will assist you.
Avoid pressing copier lids onto books—this can shatter the copier glass.
Replace copier toner when indicated. Toner is free from Print & Copy Services. We always have a supply on the shelf . You may request toner with your paper order or any time it is needed.
Avoid copying books in a manner that creates a black page edge. Black edges cause paper jams. To prevent this, mask the edges of the book with white paper or use the "non-image area erase" function on your copier.
If the copier displays a C-xxxx code and stops working:
- First try opening and closing the door to reset the copier.
- If that doesn't work:
- Turn off the copier.
- Unplug it from from the wall.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug it back in.
- Turn it on.
- If this doesn't remove the C-xxxx code, call Konica Minolta service and ask for a technician. You will be asked for your copier serial number or 8-digit copier ID number.
Plug copiers directly into the wall. Do not use extension or power surge protectors.
For training on any copier on campus, call Print & Copy Services. Arrangements will be made for training sessions.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Print & Copy Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.879.3737 for assistance.