Job Search Resources
These and more are available in Cascade:
- Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK) Network
Peruse alumni careers and graduate schools, or network with alumni
- Business Lists
Identify potential employers by location, industry, size, minority-owned, etc
- Career Cruising
Explore and research career options
- Going Global
Research how to get a job overseas—and in major U.S. cities
Find local, regional, and national internships
Search online for off-campus jobs—part-time, full-time, temporary, seasonal
Job Search Skills
Hone the skills that will help you successfully identify and compete for jobs and internships:
- What's your job search strategy?
Identify job targets and prospective employers
- Network, network, network!
Discover opportunities through your contacts
Get tips for how to use LinkedIn
- Want to learn more about a specific career field or company?
Conduct informational interviews
- Ready to ace your job or internship interview?
Prepare for success
- What are you wearing to your interview?
Dress professionally while showcasing your personal style
- Are you representing yourself well on paper?
Draft a cover letter that will get you noticed
Write a top-notch resume
- Music resume Created in collaboration with the School of Music.
Connect with Employers
- Looking for part-time, full-time, or temporary jobs off campus? Seeking local or national work? LoggerJobs has it all!
- Explore and test hunches about career fields, build your resume, and launch your career.
Pursue internship opportunities
- Searching for opportunities on the web?
Target your search
- Who's recruiting at Puget Sound?
Check the career events calendar for employers visiting campus
- Are jobs available on campus?
Can I use my work study eligibility off campus?
Find out about part-time jobs on and off campus
Once You Have Accepted an Offer...
For assistance with your job search (interviewing advice, resume critiques, job search strategies, etcetera) call CES at 253.879.3161 to schedule an appointment with a career advisor.