Your On-Campus Job Referral
As part of the campus-wide effort to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our processes and systems, various aspects of student referrals, payroll, and timekeeping are currently undergoing transition. As the new systems emerge, so will the documentation on this page. Please watch your email for updates.
"What do I need to do before I begin working?"
- Review employment responsibilities and terms of employment for the job to which you have been referred.
- If you need I-9 or W-4 forms, you will see links on the main page. If needed, download the forms and complete them.
- You and the supervisor complete the I-9 form. Be sure to take the form with you, along with the necessary documentation, to your interview with the supervisor.
- Return completed I-9 and W-4 forms to CES in Howarth 101, CMB 1081.
- Contact the supervisor to arrange for an interview.
- If you are hired, you will each need to agree to the terms of employment by logging in to the assignment and selecting "accept." If you are not hired, or you will not work in the position, select "decline."
"What do I need to do to record my time worked and get paid?"
- If you've not already done so, contact the Payroll Office to enroll in direct deposit to ensure prompt payment.
- Each day that you work, log into Cascade Web and enter your time worked. Check with your supervisor about any department-specific procedures for entering time worked; some supervisors also require that you use a timecard as a backup.
- Beginning January 2013, payroll is processed twice a month. To be included in each bi-monthly payroll, you will need to review and electronically submit your work hours by the required date—typically the 6th and the 21st of each month.
- Your supervisor will review and electronically approve your hours, which will then be forwarded to the Payroll Office for processing.
- On paydays—the 15th and the final day of the month—the Payroll Office will transmit your earnings directly to your bank account.
Other Questions and Resources
Career and Employment Services staff members are happy to assist with questions regarding your job assignment, status of earnings for current year, or to consult with you regarding any job-related concerns. Other offices at the University available to assist with student employment related issues include:
Financial Aid Office, 253.879.3214. Work-study eligibility and awarding.
Payroll Office, 253.879.3416. Timekeeping, paychecks, direct deposit, deductions, year-end earnings, completing the W-4 form.
Technology Services Service Desk, 253.879.8585. Logging into Cascade Web, forgotten password.