Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK) Network
The ASK Network is a group of over 2700 Puget Sound graduates who have volunteered to share information with students and alumni about career options and postgraduate study. Current students, faculty, and other alumni can search online and connect with ASK members who may have inside knowledge of specific career options. ASK members may offer specific advice about employers or graduate school admission, or more general advice on career planning and how to make the most of a Puget Sound education. The ASK Network database is only a click away for students and faculty through their Cascade accounts.
Use ASK to build a web of connections among students and alumni:
- Encourage your students to use ASK to research careers and graduate schools, and network with alumni.
- Forge relationships with alumni from your department by inviting them to join the ASK Network. It’s easy for your alumni contacts to join and self-manage their profiles via LOGGER[net], Puget Sound’s online alumni community.
Benefits of the ASK online system…
- Easily access ASK via Cascade
- View detailed alumni profiles including graduate schools, career fields, job tips, and more
- Customize searches
- Easily access and manage their ASK Profile information via LOGGER[net]
- Check to see how often their profile has been viewed
- Choose how and with whom they want to engage
ASK has recently been redesigned, with new search fields added. Many fields are not yet densely populated. We suggest that users perform broad searches initially (e.g. major) to yield the maximum results. As alumni fill in the new fields, searches will become more productive. Encourage current ASK members to update their profiles, and invite new alumni to join so that ASK will be more and more useful to the campus community.
Joining ASK is the single most important way alumni can connect with students who need their career support--ASK makes it easy for your alumni contacts to engage.