The University of Puget Sound partners with other nationally-ranked colleges and universities to connect employers with a talented and diverse pool of candidates through our shared online internship database.
After completing a simple online registration form, employers will have the ability to post internship positions for free directly to the database (hosted by Symplicity). We encourage employers to post opportunities for a full-year because students use this database to search and apply for positions as well as to research and plan for future opportunities.
To complete your employer registration and/or post an internship, please visit: https://nic-csm.symplicity.com/employers/
- Once you complete your registration and posting, Career and Employment Services will activate your account within 24 business hours and you will receive a confirmation message.
- After your internship is activated, students will have the opportunity to review your listing and will apply through the method you select.
- Employers have the option of inviting students to apply directly to them or to apply online through the system.
Internships are typically one-time work or service experiences related to a student’s major or career goal. The internship plan generally involves a student working in a professional setting under the supervision and monitoring of practicing professionals. Internships can be paid or unpaid and the student may or may not receive academic credit for performing the internship. Paid internships are always preferred and may provide a broader applicant pool for your positions. As such, internships:
- Provide a high level of educational value
- Offer an environment that promotes a positive learning experience
- Provide interns an opportunity to explore or gain experiences in an area of career interest
- Provide for adequate, on-going supervision
- Offer Interns the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the internship/organization