You inspire students to see the possibilities:
"As a student, I've most often used the ASK Network in order to see what arenas alumni with my major have gone into since graduating. While I may not necessarily contact the alumni, being able to view their work and academic histories assures me that there are numerous possibilities and professional avenues out there for which my discipline has prepared me." Ada Ruzer '11
You are a valuable resource:
"Alumni should join ASK because in this day and age, with this economy, our best resource is our network, and this kind of assistance to students is invaluable." Ali Hoover '13
You are building a legacy of Puget Sound alumni who want to give back:
"When I graduate, I will join the ASK network, so I can connect with Puget Sound students and help them realize their dreams." Kat Schmidt '12
The Alumni Council CES Committee invites you to consider ways you can help Puget Sound students TODAY!
Alumni are students’ most valuable resource when it comes to envisioning a career beyond the Puget Sound campus. Whether it’s through the Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK) Network or at a career event on campus, when students connect with alumni, something magical happens. Students recognize the value of connecting with someone who shares a similar collegiate background, and they look to alumni for encouragement, inspiration, ideas and advice.
The Alumni Council Career and Employment Services Committee (CESC) fosters a culture in which alumni are readily available to assist current students with career issues, supplementing and complementing the CES office with resources to support students as they align with and compete for opportunities leading to satisfying professional lives. We invite you to help.
Here’s what you can do today:
Help build the ASK Network of volunteers.
Joining the ASK Network is the single most important way alumni can get connected with students who need their support. ASK members share information about their career and graduate school experience through their searchable ASK Profile online. ASK members may also choose to connect one-on-one with Loggers seeking advice, and are invited to share their expertise in career-related activities.
- Encourage alumni in your personal/professional networks to register with LOGGER[net] and join the ASK Network.
- Search ASK to see if alumni you know are members.
- Send them the link: www.pugetsound.edu/JoinASK
- Keep your ASK Profile up to date—it’s the best way to ensure that the ASK Network is a welcoming and valuable career exploration resource for all Loggers.
Connect Puget Sound students and recent graduates with internship and job opportunities.
Alumni are uniquely qualified to represent the potential of Puget Sound students and seek opportunities for their career development.
- Post job and internship opportunities at www.pugetsound.edu/HireStudents. (part-time, full-time, summer, and temporary)
- Encourage your colleagues and professional friends to recruit Puget Sound students and recent grads.
- Remind your employer why liberal arts graduates like you have talents worth seeking out.
- Seek out Puget Sound interns and new hires at your organization and offer to be a mentor.
- Display Puget Sound imprinted items at work to generate conversation about your alma mater.